Running my intelliflo via intellitouch remote

Jun 5, 2011
this is probably going to sound a little dumb, but i can't seem to find any easy thing in the manuals nor on these forums about...... running my intelliflo vf pump with my nifty intellitouch handheld remote. since they put it in about 2 months ago it has always worked via the remote, but when it went into alarm mode this morning, i think i hit the wrong button because the intelliflo pump no longer says "display inactive" and now my remote turns on but does not work the system any longer. i have poured over the (not so easy to digest) manuals and there doesn't seem to be a mention of how to get the pump back to "use my remote" functionality. and of course my dealer is closed on sundays so can't answer what is probabably a simple and easy question.

thanks y'all.

Make sure that the communication cable is connected and not cut anywhere. Check that the IntelliFlo local address matches with the address used in the IntelliTouch. Make sure that the IntelliFlo has been assigned a circuit name on the IntelliTouch.

hmmm, i went through the steps on the manual to lock the address by my menu is just a hair different than the book describes so it doesn't appear to work after a couple of tries. kind of frustrating that the pentair manuals seem to be written for high level technicians, i suspect i will have to make a phone call tomorrow. thanks for your speedy assistance.

its just in it menu mode, i can scroll through things, i can run it in manual mode or service (although i would have to read the booklet thouroughly to make sure i was telling it to do what i think it is suppose to be doing)... i just can't exit back to where it says "display not active" which it what it normally says and when it says that my awesome little hand held controller runs it so i can fiddle with temperature and tell it which to run (the pool or the spa) and all that good stuff. i'm quite sure the retailer will call me tomorrow morning and there is just one quick key sequence to get me back there. i am still mystified why the instruction book (which is way more install guide than operating guide) doesn't cover it.

It is supposed to go into Display Not Active mode as soon as the IntelliTouch is connected. The only exceptions are if the IntelliTouch is in service mode or is not configured to expect an IntelliFlo. You shouldn't have to do anything at the pump control panel. Since the pump isn't going into Display Not Active mode, either there is a problem with the communications, or with the IntelliTouch.

thank you all for your insights, i really appreciate it. they came out and looked at it last week and it appears that the intelliflo was alarming due to low water level (although the little red alarm light was not blinking or on) and it doesn't say that - it would kind of just turn on and off randomly by itself. a secondary issue appears that the remote disconnected from the intellitouch panel for at least 24-48 hours and no one is quite sure why it couldn't be reconnected (when you went through the linking process you ended up with two of the LEDs, 2 and 8 i think, blinking) but the important part is after a two inch rise in water everything is stellar once again.

thank you for helping this newbie out. i hope to learn enough this summer to try and become a resource for others, or at least not a complete rookie. this appears to be a fantastic site for getting me there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.