Pool Cover Debacle

RJS_IN

Jun 5, 2011
We have an Intex frame pool. Last year, the cover that came with it blew off all the time, no matter how tight it was tied. Before we set up this year, we need a new cover. What type of cover should we purchase? It can get pretty windy here, and leaves tend to blow inside the pool. We need one that won't blow off all of the time.

Thanks!

We also have an intex pool and the covers they come with a pitiful and last very little time at all. For the winter we bought a large tarp and put an air pillow under it and tied it down. The tarp was so large that is almost reached the ground; we tied it with rope to as many places we could. When we opened up this spring, the pool was clear with very little debris in it. We will most certainly be using the tarp method again this winter.

For the summer we bought a solar cover which just lays on the water. I cut the solar cover into about 12 pieces because it was too big to manhandle by myself. The solar cover keeps the majority of the debris out of the pool and I only vacuum about twice per week. I'm sure at some point you will find what works for you. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.