New pump sqealing

tcm

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 12, 2011
Brookeland, Texas
My brand new VS3050 has been runnig 24/7 @ 2500 rpm since start up of the pool about 2 weeks ago. The last day or so have noticed a hi pitched sqealing coming from the pump like dry bearings. It has not lost prime and run dry at any point during this time. This is probably not good right???

I figured that, Now lets see what run around answer I get from the PB Monday morning. I can hear it now, "Oh don't worry about that, that's just a noise a new pump makes as it breaks in", or "That's a warranty issue, you will have to contact the manufacturer"

That sounds too much like my own experiences with my new VS+SVRS. Purring along for two weeks, then started squealing intermittently. Comes and goes.

Today, I started it up and turned it to a low speed (1200) and it was vibrating pretty strongly. Cleared up when I turned the speed up to 1700 RPM, but hey - I didn't get it to run it on high.

I am getting anxious that I may too have a faulty unit - will probably be calling their support too. Would be interested to hear if the problems you have been having come back or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.