The Problem with BBB

Apr 21, 2008
The dirty secret no one wants to talk about.....once your water is so clear and balanced, you will see every speck of dirt that falls to the bottom! My friends and family think I am strange for pulling out the pool vac. 4 or 5 times per hour.....Have a great summer!

Attachments

• IMG_3727.JPG
    IMG_3727.JPG
    472.4 KB · Views: 598
Yeah, I can relate. What's really annoying is that it always seems like as soon as you get the pool spotless, pull out the vacuum, roll up the hose, and get everything shipshape, you spot one speck of something you somehow missed!

And I have spent several minutes trying to vacuum up a shadow, I must confess.

Sparklypoolitis is a chronic condition.

Richard, I find it helpful to keep the long-handled pool brush very near by. If I see that post-vacuum single piece of dirt, I grab the brush and slowly drag the offending speck all the way to the shallow end where I can get it with my toes. Or I commission DH, who can dive deep, to go in and get it.

Lana

Richard320 said:
Yeah, I can relate. What's really annoying is that it always seems like as soon as you get the pool spotless, pull out the vacuum, roll up the hose, and get everything shipshape, you spot one speck of something you somehow missed!

And I have spent several minutes trying to vacuum up a shadow, I must confess.

I agree with this.

I hear ya! My daughter says I'm obsessed with vacuuming. The water is so crystal clear that there's NO WAY I want to look out and see little dirt splotches on the pool floor. I have a Pool BLaster for quickie jobs, but I don't mind getting in and slowly vacuum manually (Great excuse to get my tan on)...lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the same problem. What's worse, the pool is so clean that when I turn on the light, I see every bump in the liner! Also, any dirt that I have seems to get stuck in these depressions. Oh well, I guess it's something I just have to deal with. My wife thinks I am crazy with all the brushing, vacuuming and diving for specks of dirt that I do.

BadOleRoss,

No, you aren't the only one :oops:

I admit it in public - I'm a clean pool fanatic and sometimes I spend more time sweeping my leaf net through the water and sucking things up with the vacuum hose than I do swimming. Thing is, whatever cleaning I do I still feel like I'm getting a good workout :shock: :mrgreen: !!

Cheers,
Jan :thequeen: Pink Queen

:cop: Alert! All posters in this thread have been added to the "sparkly pool itis" list. :scratch:

It's okay. You will be notified of the next meeting. :|

No worries. You will be among friends. :-D

p.s. If you feel the need to drain your pool to remove that one spect of dirt, please PM one of the mods for an immediate intervention. We are here to help!

p.s.p.s. If you have a margaritaville frozen concoction machine, please bring it along with all necessary supplies. We'll take up a collection to reimburse :mrgreen:
oh, and wear your swimsuit and bring your towel and floatie device , if you wish. :wink: Meetings usually last all day. :slidehalo:

I just realized today that I have joined the group. From the kitchen it appears that the bottom of the pool is about 1' deep since you can see it so well. But I can also see dirt!

BadOleRoss said:
Am I the only one that swims around the pool with the end of the vacuum hose getting all those little pieces you missed?

And I thought I had that unique problem...hehehe

I do that often because I always get junk in the corners that the polaris misses.

Has anybody here used scuba gear to vacuum their pool? I know I'm guilty :cool: Sometimes it is so darn hot, and floating a couple inches off the bottom with the vac in hand is a lot more relaxing than sweating poolside using the long pole :)

guamguy said:
Has anybody here used scuba gear to vacuum their pool? I know I'm guilty :cool: Sometimes it is so darn hot, and floating a couple inches off the bottom with the vac in hand is a lot more relaxing than sweating poolside using the long pole :)

Snorkeled yes, scuba ... well, have I thought of it? Yes. But I don't own scuba gear ...LOL.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.