Filters

mvk111

May 26, 2011
Tampa, FLorida
Sorry to bring this topic up again, but I am REALLY torn between a cartridge or DE filter for my new pool. Part of me thinks the cartridge is the easier way, but the builders and alot of people say the DE is the way to go for clarity and filtering capabilities. Is the DE more likely to have issues or problems, is the clarity that noticeable. Please help me from flip flopping in my mind every 5 minutes...thanks alot !!

I've had cartridge filters in all my pools and wouldn't have it any other way. So, I'm not a de filter expert at all but I've observed friend's pools and in every case where they've called on me to help them fix their ailing pools, they've had poor circulation issues due to their de filters constantly slowing down the flow rate of the water. I'm helping my neighbor now get his pool in shape after a hard winter and his filter runs for a short while and the flow slows down to nothing. We used to clean our cartridges once at the end of the season (we clean them a couple times now but not because we have to, it's because we want to) and always have a really strong suction/rate of return. I say what good is it to clean down to 1 micron but you have lost a lot of the flow rate of the filtration . . my neighbor put his hand in our pool to feel the water blasting out of the returns compared to his little trickle and was convinced that cartridge is for him.

Best,
Jan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.