Tidewater by Jacuzzi Info needed!

Jun 4, 2011
I need help as Google is not being a trusted friend on this.
I cannot find any information on the sand filter installed on the pool.
It is a Tidewater by Jacuzzi so old the labels on it are blank. I know next to
nothing about this filter except that it measures 18" side to side.
I bought this house 2 years ago with the pool installed. Being as it is a 18'
round above ground pool this filter is probably a bit over sized but I don't
want to replace it if all it needs is a part or two.

Last year there was a little sand in the pool not much but this year there are loads
after opening it and the initial backwash. I spent 20 years in apartment maintenance
including pool care so I have a pretty good idea what is going on when it comes to pool
care and maintenance but I am not an expert. I realize that there is probably a split
lateral or two in the filter and it may be a good idea to change the sand out though
it is doing a good job.

My questions are, does anyone have any info on this unit? There is NO info online I can see.
Where would I get spare parts like replacement laterals? Are things interchangeable?
Are the laterals on this unit glued in or threaded? I realize I will find that out when I
tear it down but I would like to spend a day not a week when I get to shutting the pool
down for repairs.
If I need a new lateral assembly what am I looking for in a replacement? Suggestions?

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

What you have is most likely the 190L filter. There is a lot of info available on that model. Take a look at some of it and see if it matches what you have.

It's most likely only a lateral or two that's cracked but you won't know that until you get it torn down.

Thanks for the reply.
I am seeing parts for this model listed using Google but not much in the way of information.
Do you know where I might get more information on it or ideally a manual of some sort?

I tried finding lateral replacements (screw-on type) to no avail. The top and bottom of the round centerpiece to which they are secured came apart at the weld. I ended up PVC glueing the whole thing together so it's in there permanently now. Not much in the way I was able to find on documentation except for a pdf on a Jacuzzi "Laser" which seemed to be identical. I can make that available if you like.

My next repair step is to replace the spider gasket so I'm still refurbishing mine.

Thanks kincer, I sent a PM to you about the pdf. I would like that.
I found a replacement lateral assembly on Amazon for $49.95 specifically
for the Jacuzzi Laser 190L which seems a very good price. I will most likely
draw down and empty the filter tomorrow to inspect the laterals and see what
is necessary.
Th spider gasket for the valve seems pretty stock and I replaced that last year as well as the
"O" ring gasket. It calls for a square one (OEM) but a stock round one from the local pool
supply store of the same size worked just fine but the square one is also available from Amazon.

Local pool store had a diverter (apparently gasket is hard-fused to it) for $40. The circle gasket was $13.

In the documentation at the bottom of page 14 there is a DV6/ 7 Repair kit that I've been able to locate online, a few sources, for much less even after shipping. Double-checking stock before ordering though has proven most of these are phantom listings. The only store to claim they had them in stock was poolcenter.com which, according to an email I just received, just shipped (took forever but the price is right).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.