Currently filling, perhaps an emergency - help!!

cramar

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 10, 2010
Sault Ontario
Installing a 20' sharkline Matrix.
Spent several days digging and measuring with 11' 2X6 with 4' level on top - everything looked good.
THen on to the patio stones, dug each one out and checked level with the 2x6 and than checked level against the patio stone on each side, then went all around with the 2x6 and checked it all out before stopping. Did alot of fine tuning and everything looked good.
Put bottom rails together, measured until round.
Put the wall up - remeasured until round.
Put liner up, got it all nice, then put the top caps on and starting filling.

Now, there's a couple inches in there and I decided to take the measuring tape and go around the outside edge to check the measurement.....and it's out by a couple inches.
Someone PLEASE tell me this is normal, will this thing become more round as it fills?? (I feel stupid asking that) but all my measurements seemed good, and I quadruple checked them.

Measured and I only see about 1/4 inch variation around the entire edge.
I'm wondering if the liner is pulling on the top rails, one side went on a bit tighter than the other but it seemed to go on ok.

It's normal for it to pull more to one side mishaping the pool a bit until the water level gets up a bit. It's not uncommon for it to get a little egg shaped. Those liners are hardly ever perfectly in the center of the pool but they'll stretch and everything will work out.

Pool is 2/3 full and re-measured, it measures 2" from true round....is this bad or within tolerances???
Actually perhaps it's 1", I took 3 measures and got 19'4", 19'6", 19'4".
Pool is filling level (within 1/4 inch).

I'd appreciate some input on how true to round the rails need to be, 142 thread views....please help!!

I'm afraid my poor excuse for Northern BBQ would be insulting for someone from Southern Alabama, I watch shows about southern BBQ and drool....we have nothing like that where I live.

Thanks for the encouragement on the pool!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.