Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am new to TFP and boy am I glad I found this site. Been reading through the forums for the past couple weeks. And read through pool school.

We installed a new 24" Hayward Pentair Sand Filter at the beginning of the season. I can't seem to get the pressure to drop below 16 psi after a backwash. Any thoughts?

That may be perfectly normal. The filter doesn't really add much to the pressure. It's mostly a function of the plumbing and pump. I have a 1HP pump and a 24" Hayward sand filter and my normal pressure is 18psi.

When my pool was first installed my sand filter pressure was 10psi, when I had to place the sand filter because by dog chewed off the threads on the drain plug over the winter the new pump had a psi of 12. I changed out my 3/4hp pump yesterday and the new pump has the sand filter at 15psi. As long as it stays close to where it is I'm happy. I did nto a search regarding this issue and couldn't really find much. The only think I did find was that when the pressure rises 5-10psi, backwash the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.