I smelled chlorine in my pool Saturday night. I know that is not normal. So I tested it Sunday morning withy my TF kit. Got FC of 11.5 and CC of 1.5. I have never had any CC. I use the SWCG and no one has been swimming in about 2 weeks, we turned off the heat pump. I check levels once a week.
I put my cell on superchlorinate, can't convince hubby to use bleach instead yet. This morning I am at FC 16.5, CC 0, with about 6 hours of superchlorinate left. We have had about an inch of rain last week and my pump was out for about 12 hours, other than that I run it 24/7. With no one swimming what would have caused the CC's? Could it have been the rain and pump being off for 12 hours? We are going to close it with a hard safety cover this week and I wanted to make sure that water is right before doing it.
Any ideas? I am very new to this, the pool has only been done since the first of September.