Hello from Northern PA

Jun 3, 2011
Hello!

My name is Aimee and I have been reading a ton of posts on this site and have found it EXTREMELY helpful and, at times, fairly entertaining! I am new to the whole pool thing...had a 10' blue blob Intex easy set last year but the ring got a hole and now I'm looking at upgrading to an Intex 16' X 48" ultra frame this year but wanted to do my homework first. Any futher helpful links anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm already going to have to upgrade the pump but don't know which I want...seriously looking at the SWG (already learning the lingo!!!) and am intrigued by the sand filter/pump power. HELLO TO ALL! Looking forward to a fun and sunny pool season!

Hello Aimee... Glad you found this place, you'll love it!

Good for you for doing your research before diving in.. no pun intended.

If you do go w/the Intex SWG (I love mine) be aware that the newest model will put copper in your pool which is what turns the water and people's hair green. There is a way to disconnect the copper part of the unit.. just do a search here in the forums and you'll find it.

@Suziqzer - Thanks for the tip on the copper! I have read a few things about removing it but also saw that there were alot of problems about "capping it off?" I'll have to do more research. I'm hesitant with modification since I'm not real sure what I'm doing yet!!! LOL This stuff will make more sense when I actually see the mechanics of the pump/SWG unit.