Aquabot T2 not climbing walls

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Hey guys,

Im hoping someone can help or maybe had some experience with this...

My Aquabot T2 suddenly decided to stop climbing walls properly.
It seems to be doing everything fine. It goes back and forth. But normally when it gets to a 90 degree wall it climbs right up it without any problem. Now its just going up against the wall and stopping until the motor changes direction and it backs away.

The walls in the deepend that are on a more gradual incline are fine. He walks up and then down. But as soon as a wall is 90 degrees he stops.
I literally picked it up and stuck it to the wall. When I do this he sticks there. Doesnt fall or anything. But the wheels stop spinning so it just sits there until they reverse and he climbs down. If I lift him off the wall, the wheels start spinning again.
So its almost like he just doesnt have that extra bit of power to lift him up the 90 degrees.

I called my local guys that service them but there are 2 week delays now on getting these things looked at and if its the drive motor its over $500 they say.... I dont have the money and I dont want to wait two weeks without it :hammer:

Any advice on what I can check for on my own?

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's moving around without a problem on the floor of your pool, your drive motor should be fine. A while ago my aquabot wasn't climbing the walls all the way. I found out that there was water in the handle (instead of air to provide bouyancy). Instead of buying a new one, I read somewhere that someone used a foam pool noodle to help it. Anyway, cut it to about the length of the handle, slice it open and zip tie it so it doesn't float off. That's what worked for me!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.