Rock under pool

Jun 3, 2011
My husband and I worked for 3 days leveling and preparing the ground for our 24' x 52" intex metal pool. We checked for rocks and any other debris and thought we got it all up. Today, while in it, I felt something semi sharp hit my foot and when I pressed down, it feels like a rock. Not sure how sharp it may be, but it feels like there's a point. What's the chance this will poke a hole in the pool? And if it does, what do we do??? We JUST got it filled and ready to use for the summer! Help?!?!

It all depends on how sharp the rock is. If it's not very sharp, it may go for years without poking through the liner. If it's sharp and someone jumps on it, it could puncture it.

1. You basically have three options.
  2. Leave it alone and hope for the best.[/*:m:1ktny8j4]
  3. Place several patches over it to try to cushion it.[/*:m:1ktny8j4]
  4. Drain the pool and fix it by either re-raking and/or putting a gorilla pad in place.[/*:m:1ktny8j4]

Unless you really see it as a imminent issue I'd be prone to advise leaving it alone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.