Ok so got my Fc test kit and my chlorine is at 30, I am not testing anything else cause it has been bleaching out my other tests, but assuming my CYA worked correctly it is at about 40with wiggle room due to questioned accuracy of the test due to FC levels

So here i sit while my clear pool taunts me as it is too high to swim. :rant:

I tested after leaving the cover off all day and no change in chlorine levels (partial shade) so I am starting to loose hope. I am going to try and test with the water at 25ml x.2 and see if it is at least making a minute change by having the cover off.

so my question is, is sun the only way? since it is not a huge pool can I drain the pool 25% to get the CYA to 30 and put in fresh water...will that drop down my chlorine levels too

Leave the cover off and it should come down in a day or two. You can replace 25% of the water to get your CYA (and FC down), but your CYA is probably perfect at 40 ppm as it is. Just be patient. It'll come down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.