How to tilt the return outlet on my Intex AGP?

May 1, 2011
London, UK
Hi all,

I've a 15' x 42" round Intex AGP and the return outlet in the pool tends to point upwards due to the weight of the flexible pipe full of water. As I'm fitting, hopefully tomorrow, an Espa Silen pump which is more powerful then the lame supplied Intex filter pump I feel that this tilt will cause the water to spray in the air. Is there a way I can hold the return outlet down at an angle?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this issue and would like to see some peoples clever solutions.

Thanks
Darren

Mine does the same thing. I am thinking about modifying the screw on cap by removing the inner and outer gratings to increase flow, and doing a bit of surgery to graft an 90 degree plumbing fitting pointed at about 4 o'clock to get a circular flow pattern.

I can't find it now but another poster has a picture showing a small rope lifting and holding up the the hose and fitting outside the pool, forcing down the front inside the pool. In the picture the rope is going from a t-joint down and under the end of the hose fitting and then back up to the next t-joint forming a rope "v". My pump/filter came with one of these http://www.intexstore.com/ProductDe...ryName=Filter Pumps and Cartridges&parts=list and it works ok too. The eyeball in the middle is adjustable and when used as an outlet only the eyeball holes are open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.