Anchor solid pool cover patch

LeeM2

Jul 3, 2010
I have a few holes in my cover. Some are like quarter slots while others are smaller and round.

Pool stores sell 3M and Merlin patches for around $50-70 which are about 6x10 and are not self stick. I think it's a bit expensive and I'm sure the same material can be found for a lot less elsewhere, but I don't know where:). There are a lot of cheaper no-name brand patches online, but I don't know how good those are.

What's a good patch to use? Self stick patches or regular patch with epoxy glue? Any particular brands and stores that sell them? Also, my cover is tan, but I don't want to spend extra $$ on tan patch

I was told these covers last 12-15 years, my cover is about 6yr so it still has a lot of life left.

Also, I know the patch has to be round, 2-3 inches larger in circumference than the actual tear. How big should the patch be for holes shaped like quarter slots?

thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.