Funky film in my skimmer..Whazzat?

flintstone

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Rockville, CA
I have a film of some sort that is apparent only in the skimmer basket. It seems to suspend whatever is floating on top of the pool at the time...small bugs and whatever is blooming or blowing in the breeze just now. Is there something I can add to the water to break down this film? No one has been in the pool for about a month or so, because the water is at 65 degrees, and I do not intend to close.

Evan or Richard , and others I can't take the time to name, could tell you better than I but, apparently, sodium percarbonate is an excellent oxidizer for some forms of 'bio- nasty'. I read about it here and used it once very sucessfullly on an indoor pool.

Stick with us and we'll get you to a TROUBLE FREE POOL'

flintstone said:
I have a film of some sort that is apparent only in the skimmer basket. It seems to suspend whatever is floating on top of the pool at the time...small bugs and whatever is blooming or blowing in the breeze just now. Is there something I can add to the water to break down this film? No one has been in the pool for about a month or so, because the water is at 65 degrees, and I do not intend to close.

Another possibility: an enzyme treatment and/or a scumbug could be helpful with this. I use Pool Perfect but there are other brands.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.