ktdave's pool build

ktdave

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Katy, TX
I was on my PB's schedule to begin digging the excavation for our pool this week, but today we hit our first snag. It appears that my gas line currently runs through where the deep end of our pool is going to be, so I call the PB and he says to call the gas company so they can do a re-route of the gas line. the gas co. says it could be 3-5 days before someone will even call me back to schedule it. Man, what a let down!

Anybody else have a similar experience?

SPECS:
~15,000 free form gunite w/midnight blue PT
beach entry w/bubbler and white pearl PT
flagstone coping w/ 6" tile water line
stamped concrete deck ~625 sq. ft.
Intelliflo 4x160 pump
Intellichlor SWG
Pentair cartridge 420 sq. ft.
Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
Legend Platinum cleaner

Sorry to hear about the gas line. I hope that they surprise you and get back to you in in 2-3days. If it takes them 3-5 days to get back to you I wonder how long it will be before they can dig? Better yet how long will it be until they finish the job? I hope the pool gods are working in your favor. Are you close to Cinco Ranch , Katy High or Mayde Creek?

ktdave said:
SPECS:
~15,000 free form gunite w/midnight blue PT
beach entry w/bubbler and white pearl PT
flagstone coping w/ 6" tile water line
stamped concrete deck ~625 sq. ft.
Intelliflo 4x160 pump
Intellichlor SWG
Pentair cartridge 420 sq. ft.
Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
Legend Platinum cleaner
You are gonna have a nice set up...I hope the pool god smiles on you and you can get done ahead of scedule
Steve

Dave,

First off, welcome to the site and thanks for getting your post started on your new build. Welcome to home ownership and pool building 101. Is this a new house? Just curious. If it is you still may be able to go back to the builder and have them assist you in getting the gas company out. I also learned from a similar experience. However, the house I am in now, I forced the builder to move our gas line before we closed, knowing that we might (which we did) put a pool in one day. FYI, if you are getting a 400 BTU heater, you may also need to upgrade the size on your meter. Keep us posted and make sure to include lots of pics. Good luck.

First off, welcome to the site and thanks for getting your post started on your new build. Welcome to home ownership and pool building 101. Is this a new house? Just curious. If it is you still may be able to go back to the builder and have them assist you in getting the gas company out. I also learned from a similar experience. However, the house I am in now, I forced the builder to move our gas line before we closed, knowing that we might (which we did) put a pool in one day. FYI, if you are getting a 400 BTU heater, you may also need to upgrade the size on your meter. Keep us posted and make sure to include lots of pics. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips divnkd101 and no, it's not a new house. We did have it built, but that was five yrs ago.

STAKE OUT

Well, the "gas Line" issue is still "as was" (waiting on a phone call), but my PB came by today and "staked-out" our pool. See Photos. In the second photo you can see the yellow flag (gas line) inside our pool stakes.

Dave

Poolstaked1.jpg

Poolstaked2.jpg

We start the dig tomorrow. Let's all have a collective finger crossing right now! Will post picks as soon as possible.

(until I see a Bobcat in my yard I'm not going to believe it, slap me!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well the end of the first day of our pool build has come and we are very pleased (a collective wood knock is suggested). Here are the pics at the end of the day. :rockon:

Actually, first I want to show off my daughter who evidently is going to be the first female winner of the National Bobcat Swimming Pool Dig-Off (I guess that would be the NBSPDO).
Laniewatchingbobcat051907.jpg

Now here's the results
Poolbuildday1a-1.jpg

Poolbuildday1b-1.jpg

Poolbuildday1c-1.jpg

Thanks for all the good wishes as we approach pool ownership!

Dave:

The anticipation of a pool build must be driving you nuts. Looks good so far!

I totally understand, try dealing with regulations in Canada not allowing any lines with power to be 15 feet from any pool. We had to move Cable and phone and Hydro before we could even start digging.

Keep us posted.

Especially love the picture of your daughter starting out window, can only imagine the thoughts going through her head.

Rik

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.