ktdave's pool build

Buggs, to satisfy your voyueristic nature, I have some pictures for you to see (thank GOD!). Yes on day 70 (Saturday the 28th, 10 weeks after FIRST SCOOP) we finally got pebble tec! I was actually shocked because I thought it was supposed to rain all weekend. I can not be happier! Anyway, to the pics........

Here are some pics of the pebble tec process. I believe my camera going from inside (temp 75, humidity maybe 40%) to outside (temp 85, humidity 500%) made some of these pics a little "foggy".
100_04102.jpg

100_04112.jpg

Here's a pic of the transition of the "white pearl" to the "midnight blue" pebble tec (on the steps)
100_04122.jpg

Beach entry
100_04132.jpg

close-up of "white pearl" PT
100_04152.jpg

close-up of "midnight blue" PT
100_04182.jpg

completed PT pics
100_04142.jpg

100_04192.jpg

100_04202.jpg

Next step, acid wash, then start-up

It's about time! Hehehe!

Wow! It's getting close to swim time. So, the beach entry being a different color than the rest of the pool, is that something that is usually done on a beach entry or your own creativity? It's probably a great idea for a visual of the drop off - I'm thinking fewer accidental falls into deeper water.

How long do you have to wait for the acid wash after the finish is applied? In other words, when can we expect to see a pic of you floating around with a sun hat and a refreshing beverage?

Buggs,

Our builder suggested the beach entry color scheme. I can't wait to see how it looks with water!

I hope they will be out here Monday to do acid wash and fill. I certainly hope I will be enjoying a tall beverage in the water THIS WEEK!

Thanks for the sentiments tagprod!

Use some sunscreen so you won't look like that guy!!! :lol:

I have seen pics of other beach entries that were light, and the overall effect was really neat. I also love the very dark color pools.

You are gonna have a beaut when it's finished!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Almost there - you are so lucky to be swimming this week! I love the lighter beach entry, we considered that but I cannot convince DG to go for it. We opted for some marker tiles to define where our baja step drops to teh deep end of the pool.

Please post more pics when it gets acid washed and filling!

Dave,

Sorry about all the posts...I was posting when we were having all the DEBUG errors and I kept trying to push it through...must have all been saved and posted all at once once everything got fixed... :shock:

EDIT TMQ 7/29/07 Removed a bunch of those duplicates for ya!

Anyway, I am glad you got your PT this weekend. Looks great. We have debated over the two different colors as well, not sure what we are going to do. Can't wait to see yours with water.

Almost time to swim!

Good for you, Dave.

Colors look great dry, and I bet they're going to look fantastic wet!

And, you'll feel a lot better with them wet, no matter what.

We both sat in neutral way too long this summer. Hoping for a lonnnng summer now.

Enjoy the fill!!!

Knock Knock - hey man, is dave there? Dave's not here, man

I think Dave is sitting by the pool like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I hope they get that sucker filled up soon - I really need to see what white pearl pebble sheen looks like under water :p

Hope they get it done tomorrow for ya Dave - and get us some more pics when they do.

Steve - you're right, sitting in neutral SUCKS, and we both did a lot of it! I can see the light now!

Brian - you are right on the money, I'm not leaving poolside till it's full of water...well except for food, and well my bed's a lot more comfortable than the deck (even though it's pretty) and I get paid a lot more if I go to work than....well let's just hope I have a full pool in the next couple of days!

I'll post some post acid wash pics when i'm able. Thanks for the support (therapy)!

They are acid washing as I sit here at work! They will turn on the hose when they get done, YAAAAAY! Can't wait to show y'all some pics.

Now I just wish I could start-up the pool myself when the pool gets full. With everything I've learned here it would be a breeze (and fun!) and I wouldn't have to wait who-knows-how-long to get it done.

If you can't tell, I'M EXCITED!

ktdave said:
They are acid washing as I sit here at work! They will turn on the hose when they get done, YAAAAAY! Can't wait to show y'all some pics.

Now I just wish I could start-up the pool myself when the pool gets full. With everything I've learned here it would be a breeze (and fun!) and I wouldn't have to wait who-knows-how-long to get it done.

If you can't tell, I'M EXCITED!

This is always the greatest day - the journey FINALLY reaching it's conclusion. I gotta get to work, I was just hoping to get an update from you that things were a go today. Try to concentrate on work until you get home or this day will drag by.

Oh happy day! Wonderful news for you, can't wait to see the pictures.....if you ever get out of the water and take'em :lol:
Hope you have other work to keep you occupied throughout the day...excitement is in the air! Maybe the pool gods will send some forward progress my way and get my stone and tile guys to show up today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.