ktdave's pool build

ktdave said:
Thanks Roger,

I just looked at the weather online and looks like we may have some good weather for a few days! by the way, your pool is awesome! I bet you are enjoying the heck out of it!

The kids are. BTW, my relative that lives off Fry Rd came up a couple of weeks ago for ROT rally. So at some time I'll be in your neck of the woods.

Jay,
Overall, my experience with Jason has been good. He has paid attention to my concerns and responded positively. In my opinion, communication with me hasn't been his strong point, but I think at this busy time of year that is probably to be expected out of most PBs. If he is your supervisor, just keep on him.

Gas meter

Dave,

Thanks for the info...I have heard that Jason is not good about communicating schedules and such..I will keep on him as suggested.

Now, with your heater, did you have to get a larger gas meter? I had read in some forums that it was a good idea, and I asked Adam and he said we might....I was just curious if you had made that change?

Re: Gas meter

wardsntx said:
Now, with your heater, did you have to get a larger gas meter? I had read in some forums that it was a good idea, and I asked Adam and he said we might....I was just curious if you had made that change?

We did not have to get a new meter, but we did have to get our gas line re-routed because it was running through where our pool now sits. That was a bit of a hassle, a 2 week delay in getting started, a day without hot water and stove, and an extra $500 cash :x (but I'm over that now).

Hey Dave,

been quiet lately>>>guess the rain has really got things slow at your house. Our friends are a little discouraged that they haven't had any work for almost 3 weeks now and Jason hasn't been real good about returning calls or giving updates. Hopefully you're having more luck and hopefully he does a better job with our build once we get started.

keep posting as your build starts to wrap up.

Day 50 (Sat, Jul 7): Just got back from a week of vacation (to a dry part of the world) after a week of a business trip. Not a whole lot has been done (LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF RAIN!), but the tile and coping are completely finished and the decking crew was here when we back to the house. Looks like they've done a good job tearing up the yard between me and my neighbors yard for the deck drains. The forms for the deck are also set up (to my satifaction I might add). They said they will probably pour on wed or thurs next week IF (note big IF) weather permits. Then all that's left is pebble tec. I might get to swim before August.

wardsntx,
We also have been discouraged from Jason's lack of communication, but in his defense, lately he has been calling with updates about every other day now. I know it's been tough on the PBs with all the rain here, but communication definitely helps with the frustration, just knowing that they still have you on their radar screen.

Hopefully I can post some pics with progress in the coming week.

To all of you who need rain around the country, I am mentally sending it to you (and away from us) right now, HOPE THIS WORKS!

Happy belated Independence Day to everyone!

Dave

Day 56 (Friday, June 13): Well lookie what I had going on in my back yard today!

Setting up for stamped concrete decking.
100_03692.jpg

100_03702.jpg

100_03722.jpg

After the pour, stamping, scoring, and color added.

100_03732.jpg

100_03752.jpg

100_03762.jpg

100_03802.jpg

Hopefully, the weather will hold up for the next few days so we can get the pebble tec applied and get this puppy finished.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cool Dave,

You've suffered from stagnation long enough (and I know bc I've been sufferin' too.)

I was wondering if either of us would get to swim this summer... (ok, I was mostly concerned if I would.)
Had a little action on mine this week, too.

Your concrete looks good... can't wait to your plaster!

Got your TFP test kit?

Good for you!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.