soaking hayward ec40 fingers in muriatic acid

Aug 9, 2010
and that stuff is NASTY!!! Honestly, I'm afraid to even have it in my house now :( But, my question is, after I am done with this stuff, how do I dispose of it responsibly? The instructions were to soak it in a 5 gallon bucket over night at a 1:1 ratio, so now I've got about 4 gallons of this mix to get rid of- any others that have dealt with this have any answers? Thank you all, again!

frustratedpoolmom said:
You should be fine pouring it down the drain. You can add more water to dilute if you are concerned.

How did it turn out? I just did the detergent process to an EC65 and was able to forgo the MA step.

I'm sure I made it a lot more of a lengthy process than necessary, but here's what I did. I read online that you should neutralize it with baking soda and then dispose of it, so that's what I did. I am a little neurotic :) when it comes to things like such, so after I neutralized it with the baking soda, I diluted it a LOT more and then dumped it, when it smelled like nothing but water. I know it was probably overkill, but .... well, like I said :mrgreen: .

This is the filter that came with our pool, but this is the first time using it, and it was obvious that the previous owner hadn't cleaned it. So.... I'm hoping that after this good cleaning, it shouldn't need such a lengthy process again and perhaps I will be able to just clean it with detergent. I'm still learning :) Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.