CYA/SWG question

May 12, 2011
Just tested my water today and CYA was about 90-100 using the TF100 kit..From reading pool school, levels should be 80 for a SWP..Should I be worried about the elevated levels ? my FC is at 8ppm, ph 7.3, TA 80..Thanks!

As long as you are sure that CYA is under 100, you can get by with your CYA level where it is. The thing to watch out for is that CYA levels above 100 will read as if they were 100, so you might actually have a higher CYA level. One way to double check this is to do the CYA test again, but this time mix equal parts of pool water and tap water together, do the CYA test on that, and multiply the result by two. As long as you get about 100 that way, you will be alright and can wait for the CYA level to come down on it's own.

Richard320 said:
That doesn't make sense.... You should have seen some cloudiness. You didn't, by chance, forget to add the R-0013, did you? I made that mistake once.

The sample should be 25% pool water, 25% tap water, and 50% R-0013.

Darn your right!! LOL I forgot the R0013 :oops: Just retested and got a read of 45..kinda overcast outside

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.