Pics of colored, stamped concrete?

tcordle

Mar 17, 2011
We are in the process of picking out the concrete color for the "brushed colored concrete" which will be the pool decking. Also need to choose the base color and the "release" color for the walkway and patio which will be located above the pool deck (with a 3 ft retaining wall separating these two areas). I'd LOVE to see pics of anyone's colored brushed concrete and/or colored, stamped concrete as examples, with color names if known. Our pool is pretty much all-day sun and we live in the southeastern US so we need a light color for the pool deck (but don't want the plain concrete color). Any suggestions and pics appreciated!! Thanks :)

Likely a bit late... here's ours:
decking1.jpg

decking2.jpg

decking3.jpg

Stamped, stained (well, colored in the concrete), not sealed.

It's hot (98*+ here these days) still but we've not had any slipping issues.

Here are two photos of our concrete. It is a semi-custom color. We used Davis Colors (color 5237, which looks orange). Sandstone calls for .75 lbs and San Diego Buff calls for 1.5 lbs. We used 1 lb per 94 lb bag of concrete.

http://www.daviscolors.com/Home#concrete

The concrete was stamped with Proline stamps. I think it was Roman Slate. They used a 1 setp wet release. The two step dry release was more money.

I'm very happy with the concrete. There is good variation in color even without the powder release. The darker sections are a fair amount warmer than the light sections. I can feel the difference on an 80 degree day. I'm glad it is not as dark as the pool coping, because the coping is almost too hot to walk on (even when it's only 80).

Attachments

• C1 (Large).JPG
    C1 (Large).JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,393
  • C2 (Large).JPG
    C2 (Large).JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,347
Color was mixed with the concrete and all the concrete looked the same for a while. The wet release was some kind of clear liquid. I don't really know why there is so much color variation.

Attachments

• DSCN1031 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1031 (Large).JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,320
  • DSCN0997 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0997 (Large).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,311
  • DSCN0991 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0991 (Large).JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,309
Looks excellent! That is also our favorite decking color.
The dilemmna is having a darker coping, while it definitely looks better, the heat is a huge factor here in GA.
We've already had a month of 90 deg + days and it is only mid June.
Thanks, John

I took some temperature readings, but not enough to post the results.

When it was hot here last week min 90s-100 the concrete was too hot for me to walk on bare footed. There is a several degree difference between the dark patches and the light patches in my decking. The coping (which is Davis Color Kahlua) is also MUCH hotter than the light color area of the decking.

On a mid 90s day the coping exceeded 140 deg.

I'm glad we didn't go any darker. I can't begin to imaging the tempertaure of this guy's decking, but I'm thinking second and third degree burns :grrrr:

Attachments

• Concrete.jpg
    Concrete.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,098

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.