Pool painting problem

Jun 1, 2011
I apologize if this is the wrong area to post, as i just joined this site 5 minutes ago.

The people I live with have a rectangular inground pool. None of us know the material it is made of either. All i know is that it looks like a lighter colored (kind of a manilla, grey color) cement type feel to it and is rough. The owner of the house drained the pool and cleaned it out and wanted to paint it. The issue lies in the fact that he used a stucco/brick 100% laytex paint for houses to line the pool with. The paint says it is alkali proof if that matters at all.
This link is the exact paint used.
http://www.valsparpaint.com/en/find-the-right-product/exterior/paint/flat-masonry-stucco.html

I'm pretty positive this is the WRONG paint to use and fear it will cause serious problems to the pump once it starts to peel off or dissolve. I brought this to his attention and he said "we'll see what happens." I would rather not have to fill the pool, put all the chemicals in it just for us to have to drain it again. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.