Increase CYA?

May 17, 2010
Trying to decide if I should shock or increase the CYA? I'm using about 182oz+ of 6% bleach nightly. I've done a overnight FC twice. The first night 1.0 decrease second night no decrease. Water is clear. Been hot pollen is just about gone but has been heavy and I've been catching with skimmer socks. My pool is in direct sun all day. Last year my CYA was at 80 and know i used less bleach to keep FC up. Is there something I'm missing? Add bleach at night to bring up to 6.0 next night 1.5 - 2.0 with some swimmers through out the day heat and direct sun. What do you all suggest? I don't think i need to shock???

FC-2-6
CC 0 - .5
PH 7.5
TA 70
CH 100
CYA 30

Thanks

Socks in front of the jets will be a whole lot faster. The jump from 30 to 50 pretty much requires it.

You could shoot for just below 50 and use a puck or two at the same time, just a thought. I think you have options but getting to 50 rapidly would not be an option for pucks alone.

I use a gallon of bleach a day at CYA of 50ish with full sun pool as a yard stick for ya'. Your pool is twice my volume. Considering going to 70 myself. Losing right about 4ppm per day as is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.