Landscaping around easy set.

May 31, 2011
So I'm setting up a 10x30 intex easy set for me and my daughter (4) and i was planning on putting some garden edging around the bottom and continuing the rocks from under my deck around the pool. They are just round pebbles. Does anyone see a issue with this?
First post of many by the way!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

As long as the edging is away from the side of the pool by a few inches and the rocks are on the outside of the edging you should be fine. If you are wanting to put the rock between the edging and the pool you may be prone to leaks caused by the rubbing of the pool on the rocks. To make the edge of the pool look god you could put some mulch between the pool and the edging then the rocks on the outside of the edging.

You may get some more ideas if you can post some pics of your pool.

:cheers:

Hmm well ill probably just leave a gap then rocks around the pool. I also ditched the filter that came with the pool. I have the 2500 gph filter and the saltwater system. This should be pretty clean lol

So I got the pool filled. In order to put in the edging I would have to cut through the tarp and insulation I layed down (not a big deal) but I'm not sure it would look good.
Do you think mulch right up to the pool edge would be ok??

b8f4d9a4-33bf-1fca.jpg

Here's where I'm at so far. Excuse the mess. My backyard is under construction :)

I'm not sure about the mulch up next to the Intex... I'm not real familiar w/their thickness/strength.

I would mention that you want to make sure whatever you use around the pool that there is an area big enough around your entry point that will be free and clear of those. Maybe some pavers or something ... something large enough for a couple of anxious kids to stand on at the same time w/o pushing each other into the landscape.

Ya I'm redoing the pavers this weekend. Making it a little bit bigger of a area. Hopefully it will be enough room. I just need to figure out the best thing to put around the pool. I have the edging already and the rocks are already there so that would be the easiest. But I also plan on growing some hostas and those sort of plants around the pool so maybe mulch would be the way to go. Any input is appreciated!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.