Intex Pool - Leaky Seam

Jun 1, 2011
Hey folks, first time poster, short time reader.

I've done a couple of searches of this site and haven't come up with an answer, so I thought I'd ask.

I have an Intex Pop-Up (Soup Bowl) pool, 15X48. This is the second season we've used it. Being extremely foolish, I tried to winterize it last winter. (It was fine until the four foot snowdrift ate it alive.)

So, after much cleaning out, I now have two problems:

1.) The ring isn't holding air very well. I figure the soapy-water and contact paper trick should work here. That, or two minutes with the pump a day. (That's two minutes of my life I was going to waste on TV anyway, so be it.)
2.) The main seam between the ring and the liner seems to be leaking. See, I filled it up as usual, ran the filter, everything looked aces. Woke up the next morning and six inches of water was missing. I checked the pump jacks (which has been leaking) and fixed them. Thinking the problem was solved, I filled again. Within fifteen minutes, sheets of water were flowing down the sides of the pool. Within two hours, it has stopped and the water was sitting just below the seam. Logic tells me I have a leaky seam.

So ... how do I fix this? I'm thinking of buying a can of Flex Seal and simply spraying the whole seam area all the way around. Anyone every used this or a similar product for such a repair?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I'm not sure how you could fix the seam but I do know how you can find the hole(s) in the ring. It is very hard to see air coming out of the ring through the hole even if you use soapy water so try this idea. :idea:
Make sure the ring is dry and fill the ring with water. As the inside of the ring fills up with water the ring will leak just like the seam does. You will then know exactly where the hole(s) are and patch them. Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Thanks Mark. I'm beginning to think I might be better off just getting a traditional vinyl patch kit and running it around the seam.

As for the ring, the water suggestion is a good one. I just worry about getting said water out. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.