DIY Pool Remodel Pictures

Sep 28, 2007
Austin, Texas
Demo is completed and we are waiting on sandblasting. Once that is done we'll work on putting everything back in place and then have it plastered. We are building out the spa front and will tile the front instead of using stone again. We are using Brown Lueders for the coping and I picked up the tile yesterday. I love it. I think we are leaning towards a pebble product called Sun Stone Pearl for the plaster. A friend in the pool business said to do whatever we could afford to get away from plaster.

Everything has gone well. Nothing we didn't expect. We ended up renting a roll off to get rid of all the rock and rubble we dug up. That saved us a tremendous amount of time and energy - not having to load and unload several loads at the dump.
The picture is prior to getting the tile out and cleaning up.

The dogs are visibly unhappy about the situation. They don't like that we emptied a perfectly good swimming hole. It's still hot here!

The frogs and toads are not happy either and I swear our mosquito population has increased since we drained the pool and got started.

Attachments

• 3 new selections.jpg
    3 new selections.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 507
  • 1 the big picture.jpg
    1 the big picture.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 507
DIY Pool Remodel Update

Things are going great!

We had our coping stone delivered and got right to work cutting the stone. It took us a couple of days to get the routine down. We had been set up to cut by the pool but moved quickly to the driveway. Now we pull a piece off the stack in the garage and place it immediately on the workhorses. Cut the stone, wash it off, and move it to its location on the pool. We were rocking right along with beautiful weather until the cold front moved in bringing rain. We took Thanksgiving and Friday off to relax and the rain has kept us from working on Saturday and Sunday. That puts us a week behind schedule. This coming weekend we'll finish the remaining few stones. Next step is sanding and smoothing the stones and then laying them in. Then a weekend of tile and we are ready for plaster! I told my husband I don't care how cold it is from here on out, I want a finished pool by Christmas. We've been so lucky with the weather. I really can't complain about the rain either. We needed it and we've had a nice time off doing nothing!

I'll try to get some pictures posted, I'm having problems getting them down to allowed size.

DIY Pool Remodel Update

Just a quick update. We passed our Christmas deadline mostly due to cold, icky weather! We do not work well in the cold!

The stone is cut and laid. It looks beautiful. We have the boards up and level for our tile. Got ready to work Sunday and the air turned cooler and we realized we'd better not with the rain coming. So we cut tile for the skimmers and waterfall and will hold off setting the tile for next weekend.

Looks like a great weekend coming up and we'll knock out the tile and some deck patch work and be ready to grout the following weekend and then the plaster!

So far, nothing has knocked us off course but weather and the holidays and a delay in getting additional stone. No surprises with the actual work and materials. I'll keep updating and hopefully get some pictures posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.