Demo is completed and we are waiting on sandblasting. Once that is done we'll work on putting everything back in place and then have it plastered. We are building out the spa front and will tile the front instead of using stone again. We are using Brown Lueders for the coping and I picked up the tile yesterday. I love it. I think we are leaning towards a pebble product called Sun Stone Pearl for the plaster. A friend in the pool business said to do whatever we could afford to get away from plaster.
Everything has gone well. Nothing we didn't expect. We ended up renting a roll off to get rid of all the rock and rubble we dug up. That saved us a tremendous amount of time and energy - not having to load and unload several loads at the dump.
The picture is prior to getting the tile out and cleaning up.
The dogs are visibly unhappy about the situation. They don't like that we emptied a perfectly good swimming hole. It's still hot here!
The frogs and toads are not happy either and I swear our mosquito population has increased since we drained the pool and got started.