Ring around the Main Drain

Apr 16, 2007
Bucks Count PA
Since the pool was opened this season there has been a ring/ stain around the main drain. I have scrubed it with a brush from outside the pool and vaccuumed and the stain is still there. There was a lot of dead worms around the main drain when I opened the pool this year so I assume that it is from them laying around the drain all winter.

What can I try to use to get rid of the stain?

What kind of pool surface do you have? Organic stains normally fade away with chlorine. Shocking will often fade them dramatically.

You can try a magic eraser by Mr. Clean, sometimes it is just needs a little scrub :) You can also put some crushed vitamin C tablets in a sock and rub it on the stain, if it comes off, then it is a mineral stain. You can also use some ph down in a sock and rub the stain. Ph down and vitamin C will take off a metal stain. Organic stains come off with chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.