Can you use pool during conversion

May 31, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm a fed up Baqucil user who vowed at the end of last summer to switch if I couldn't get my water to change from the pea green color it was most of last year (and half of the summer before). Opened up the pool this year and due to being a bit anxious I decided to try Baq one more time. What a mistake!! Same old green color.

Anyhow, planning on starting the conversion soon, but I have a question that I can't seem to find any answers on. Can you use the pool during the conversion, is the water safe? I have a 3.5 year old son who seems to be part fish and would not be too happy if he couldn't swim. Also I know it varies, but is there any estimate as to how long the process actually takes? I'd love to have my pool blue again by 4th of July.

And lastly am I reading the conversion instructions correctly when all I need to start is just a ton of chlorine and a really good test kit? And some new sand of course, once conversion is done.

Thanks for any advice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.