May 24, 2011
Toronto
PH was 7.4 for the last week and I've been trying half heartedly to raise it without raising my TA so I aerated for a day and got it up .2 ish. Today I aerated again for maybe four hours but also threw in a box of Mule about 2-3 hours ago as per the pool calculator. I just checked it and it's showing a PH of 8. I've stopped aerating. Is there a natural spike when aerating? The acid demand test was 1 drop to bring it down to 7.8 . I can of course use some dry acid but don't want to chase it back and forth. We've had a lot of rain lately and t-storms are in the forecast and Toronto gets acid rain. Any advice / comments?

FC 5.5
CC 0
TA Was 140 Now 130
CH 140

No problem ..I thought I was clear in the desire to raise the PH to 7.8 without raising the TA ...now that I'm at 8 (overshot) do I wait to let the prevailing conditions (acid rain) bring it down or add acid now and then have to raise it again when it goes lower on it's own. In other words how bad is it to have a PH of 8 short term ..and was it caused by testing while aerating which I now know is no. I didn't have all the proper values plugged into the calculator. I swam it felt good I'm not worried about scaling so I'm going to wait before doing anything more. Sometimes you don't know what you "want to do" hence the question. But again thanks for the help I don't mean to sound cross.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.