DooleyDog is a Newby

May 25, 2011
Hello everyone ... newby to the forum. Owned a pool for 15 years in JAX/St Johns FL. 25K; 15 by 36. Time for a redo. Considering a small pepple finish with new tile and possibly cap tile on the steps and swimout. Looking to convert to salt (Pentair). Keeping older pumps until they die. Keeping the Starite PM300 cartridge. Tearing out the older 1100 sq. ft. cracked deck ($2K) and going with new coping(105ft @ $14/ft) and 2500+ sq. ft. of Tremron pavers($3.75 sq.ft.). Extending the deck to the house edge and beyond to add an outdoor summer kitchen and hottub area and a driveway with new walkway to front door. Got a couple of good prices on the Pool pebble refinish is anywhere from $6400 to $7700. Tile is $1400/400(cap tile). Salt system is $1000 to $1500 installed.

Have gotten 4 quotes. Pool contractor quotes were weigh high on the pavers. Got a separate paver quote that has managed to get the pool contractors to give a little. Concerned about using separate contractors for the pool and pavers/coping. Finally got one quote in the middle range from a single contractor that seems to have a lot of experience and his proposal paperwork is very professional, plus we do not have a personal relationship with him. Difficult to compare apples to apples with these guys. They always combine the figures and spell it out a little differently. Total Pool and Paver cost is around 26K. They are all within $500 of each other.

I am not sure if it is acceptable to ask if anyone in JAX has used the contractor we are considering. He is on the BBB. Meeting with him tomorrow to discuss the proposal. Any advice is welcome and apprciated!! Will send pictures! :cheers:

Hey, DD,

Welcome to the forum :lol: I can't help at all with the price quotes but wanted to bump this so maybe someone From JAX will chime in.

Your BBB reference fooled me at first. The methods we teach for pool water care are nicknamed "BBB".

Good luck with your build/upgrade.