Will it crack or dryrot?

edbson

Jun 25, 2007
I have found myself with absolutely no time to deal with my pool, and noone is swimming in it anyway. So I have 2 choices, leave it and deal with it in the spring( ICK) or drain it. It is an INtex AG oval pool, the one with the ring. I am wondering if I drain it and just let it sit will it crack or dryrot? Would it be better to just let it sit and drain, refill and clean in the spring? Opinions??

I think it depends on where you live. If you live where it doesn't freeze you might cover it and let it sit. I wouldn't leave an empty pool out even in warm places. Wouldn't wind be a problem in an empty pool? Especially a light weight pool? If it freezes you would have to take the water down below the filter lines and blow out the lines, and do the things other AG pool people do in freeze areas. My intex frame pool gets dumped and dried and put into the basement every winter. ( Its a pain and we hope to up grade.) I do see some frame Pools sitting out all winter here in MI, I'll look and see how they look next spring after a winter. I would think the worst part is the freezing and thawing and ice and sunlight that can be so harsh with the snow. Good Luck, Kimrst

I live in Southeast Texas, average winter temp is 50 ish. We rarely get freezing weather, but it does happen from time to time. I think I am going to leave it up, like I dfid last winter and see what happens.
Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.