Ultimate Pool Seal

I'm placing my order for this today. I'll let everyone know how if turns out when I do the work next week while on vacation. We're having a backyard pool vacation this year. My Deck-O-Seal started showing cracks just 9 months after it was installed. I've been wanting to replace it for 2 years now. I'm glad I waited. There is another company in Dallas area that sells something similar but after talking to some pool companies that have used the other product and saw everyone of the seals fail, I think I'm going to stay with Ultimate Pool Seal.

treefarmer

Did you end up doing the project?

I'm considering using 'Ultimate Pool Seal', but I thought I would wait for your comments.

Please post photos and review.

thanks

Sorry for the delay. I did the job on the 25th of June. Started at 9am took 3 hours to remove 1/2 of the old seal with a multitool. Took 1 1/2 hours to do the other side. Slow learner!?
I tried the best I could to remove all of the old seal. Some was left on the back side of the coping brick, but not a lot. Most all of it was scraped off. It was very hard to get all of it off of the concrete side. If I had a wire wheel for my drill I could have really cleaned it up. I used a shop vac and vacuumed all of the old sand out of the crack because of the small pieces of old seal that stayed in there.
I poured new sand in the joint with a grout bag. I made a 1/2" by 1/2" tooth on the bottom of a clorox box flap to make sure I had it 1/2" from the top of the deck. I'm not very good at eyeballing a 1/2". That only took 20 minutes to run that around to pool.
Next I wet down the joint and put the new pool seal in 10' at a time because it was 100 that day. I could see the seal soaking up the water from the sand as I went along. Next set hose to mist or fan and lightly sprayed the seal with water 2-3 passes. I smoothed out the sand and wiped up the excess on either side as clean as I could get it. Took about 4 hours to do 107' of expansion joint.
Next day it looked perfect. 2 days later I was going to do this post but I noticed that I had a minute separation from the brick side of the seal. I contacted the company and asked what I did wrong. He said I either (1) didn't get the joint clean enough or (2) I didn't "press" the sand down in the joint hard enough. (1) I left more of the old seal on the CONCRETE side and that side didn't separate, so that theory doesn't work. (2) I did lightly sponge over the new sand in order to fill the void but I didn't press it into the joint. So?? maybe. he said you can go back and pre-mix some seal to the consistency of playdogh and press that into the crack, then wipe it with a damp sponge.
I'm at work right now,so I don't have access to the pictures I took and last week I was out of town at 2 different locations doing inventory.
Sorry for the delay but I wanted to get this written as soon as I could. I will post photo's later.
Tod

Keep us posted. I will put off using this product until your verdict is in.

Isn't there anyone else who has used UPS?

It's a year later and I don't think we are ever going to hear the results, or see photos.

Also, I need to color the material. I'm planning to run tests using Davis Colors Pigments.

But my project is still on hold till I know if UPS is any good.

Anyone else? Is this post dead?

7463842128_e8d4b0d03c_z_d.jpg

I don't know if this image will actually upload.

ultimatepoolseal001.jpg

Ther are a lot of areas that look like this! So a big bust for me on this product. I went to home depot and picked up 12 tubes of Sikaflex SL. Dig this stuff out with one hand on a shop vac hose.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
treefarmer said:
There are a lot of areas that look like this! So a big bust for me on this product. I went to home depot and picked up 12 tubes of Sikaflex SL. Dig this stuff out with one hand on a shop vac hose.
Ya know, Treefarmer, that UPS looks pretty good. Couldn't you patch or reapply in those bad areas instead of redoing the whole pool with the Sika?

The UPS is loose 80% around the pool. If you grab the open edge of it it'll just lift up in your hand, which tells me it's not sealing at all. I have chunks of it in the bottom of the pool when it gets windy.

jhirsch1 said:
I ordered the "origional pool seal" the other day. It is a new version which you premix before use. I'll let you know how it goes.
Did you ever use the product? If yes, please review for us and photos.

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.