Fencing for Intex Ultra Frame pools, like traditional AGP?

May 31, 2011
Hello,
I'm new to this site, we are planning on purchasing an Intex Ultra Frame pool (18x48) in a couple of days. We have small children (1,5,8) and would like to add every safety precaution we can purchase for the pool.

In adddition to safety cover, alarm, removeable ladder, lessons, supervision, etc. I would like to know if the traditional white fencing that is goes around an AGP would work with an Intex portable pool. Is there a conversion type kit?

The pool will be in the grass in our backyard. We already have a fence around the yard but would like a fence around the pool as well, either on top like an AGP or we will put in a fence around the entire pool (or both!). I don't think that protect a child fencing will work in the grass, does anyone know other options?

Thank you for your time!

Re: Fencing for Intex Ultra Frame pools, like traditional AG

I've not looked into it myself, but I doubt that the fencing you can buy to go around the top of a normal abg would work with an intex pool. If you tried it, I would be sure to add plenty of extra support for it.

I think I would lean towards building a fence around it with a lock. If you're in town, check with your city codes, you may need to meet a certain height requirement. Our city requirement was 6 ft. Your fence around your yard may meet your legal requirements, but kudos for you for wanting to protect any children that might be playing in your yard as well!

Re: Fencing for Intex Ultra Frame pools, like traditional AG

A good chain link fence around it would be best, that way you would have an almost unobstructed view of the pool area but still have it fenced. I doubt the intex frame would support the weight of the above ground pool fence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.