Pebble Sheen and LED Lights

Greetings! This is my first post and I want to say that i'm so grateful for all the info i've learned from this site. I bought the T100 test kit and i'm ready to go!....just need to pebble sheen the pool first!
Does anyone have any pictures of their Pebble Sheen pool lit up at night? We were thinking of Slate Blue or Aqua Blue or French Grey or even Blue Granite. They will all look good in daylight, but does one look better in LED lights? The French Grey is on the lighter side and we thought it would reflect the lights better and the pool would be better "lit" at night?
Any advice? Any pics?

Thanks so much.

Billy

Here are those night shots.
DSCF1380.jpg

DSCF1379.jpg

DSCF1378.jpg

DSCF1377.jpg

We redid our pool in blue granite last year and I installed a Color Splash 3G LED bulb at the same time. Unfortunately our pool is about 43 feet long and we only have the 1 light at the deep end. A couple things to note:
- The blue granite has just a hint of aqua/green in the daylight ... probably more noticeable against the dark blue in our tiles. I was hoping for something a little more blue.
- If you are getting a color changing bulb, do not expect the the red/orange colors to travel very far in the water. While the "white" will sort of light up the shallow end ... it is dark when the light is Red. If you have more than one light or a smaller pool, then it would be less of a problem.

Well, I tried to take some pix, but then the sprinklers came on and I did not have a sturdy place the camera. Very hard to take good pictures at night. I may try again tomorrow.

OK, I shot a few pictures this afternoon and just now after dark.

We looked at many pools before we decided and the final two were Ocean Blue and Prism Blue. They are very close but Ocean Blue seem a bit more gray in the shallow water. Blue Granite seemed very gray and frankly a bit boring compared to the others in our opinion.

Anyways, here are a few pictures.....

5 ft water, pump running, sunshine
46a828cf.jpg

Very shallow (6"), sitting bench and deep end 6-7'
e426218a.jpg

At night
75025782.jpg

At night - deep end main drains at 7'
622ec940.jpg

Shallower end 3-5' + steps
4a499233.jpg

Friendswood, that is nice! Most finishes look good during the day but at night the bottoms really show the imperfections and finishes don't look that great. But yours is probably the best one I have seen!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks a lot for the nice words, maxepr. I also think the plaster company did a nice job.
I clearly remember how hard the plaster color decision was for us so I just wanted to try to give something back to this great website and post pictures of the finished product.
As many of you know, colors during the day vary greatly depending on shade, angle of viewing etc but at night it always looks the same (assuming the water is clean.....)

Thanks for all the replies and the fantastic pictures. jblauert, knowing that the red/orange color spectrum will not travel very far is really helpful in making our decision. I think we are going to go with Aqua Blue or French Grey Pebble Sheen at this point. We just need to go see those colors in person now!

I am still going to work on getting some pictures up (maybe a video?) this weekend when I have more time.

While the red spectrum travel is limited ... the variety of blue and green colors is pretty nice. One of the color changing shows just fades between the blues and greens which is pretty nice. The red is kind of interesting just in how creepy it kind of looks.

I will say too that the white generated by the color bulb that I have (can not speak for all the color LEDs) is created by lighting up all the colored LEDs ... I do not think it has any white LEDs. As such, it is likely not as bright as a strictly white LED light fixture.

Hi! Just joined today! We live in Friendswood too. Crews are doing steel today and I'm stressing over pebble sheen colors. I love your pictures but would love to see in person!! Decorative pools has never done prism blue...just lots of aqua blue and blue granite. I don't like either of those. How's your color look a few years later???? Thanks

i chose to get 2 smaller led fixtures as opposed to one big one. i kind of wish i'd gotten 3 small ones for the pool, or 1 big and 1 small. its pretty bright and looks cool, but its nowhere near as bright as a regular incandescent bulb. the brightest color is light blue because that is an leds native color. the blue really shows up bright in pictures but isnt so bright to swim in imo. just a thought.
nightpool.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Trying to judge pool finish colors is VERY difficult online. Everyone will have different lights at different places. Further, at least for PebbleSheen, the depth of the water make a HUGE difference in how the color looks, too. Trying to look at two different monitors...can look a lot different there, too. The angle of the camera, the location of the sun, the kind of camera...all can make a difference. So keep all that in mind as you look at the pictures posted.

I have PebbleSheen Blue Granite. In shallow water (like steps), it is a light grey. At the deep end, it is a nice blue. My lights are simple white LED. I will take some pics during the day and at night and update my post in this thread. This is just a placeholder and a reminder for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.