New member and pool with pics

compass123 said:
When you have an oasis like this who needs to go out :party:

We sold our boat with that exact thought in mind. With all the kids sports on the weekend we never had time to get away. Now we just have to walk outside.

I should have updated pictures tomorrow. The HGTV crew is coming to shoot the final act tomorrow.

Aww, I think I would sell my house before I sold my boat. That is just the one way to get freedom and peace, weather I'm water skiing with my boys, or just out on a lone cruise watching the sun set, lisning to Brooks and Dunn, Big and rich, or Trace Adkins, lol. It's also a nice retreat for the DW and me to get some alone time and to add some sanity to our day.

BUT YOUR POOL STILL LOOKS AWSOME. Does your bar have a kegeratior? I would just swim up and open my mouth.

I'm w/ you, Vince. Could never sell the boat. All hubby has to do to get me fired up is fire up the jet boat. The lake is 2.5 hrs away, though, so the pool's a good thing. But, there's just no substitute for skiing (for me) or watching the kiddos on the tube/kneeboard/wakeboard.

mindy_e_in_az said:
I'm w/ you, Vince. Could never sell the boat. All hubby has to do to get me fired up is fire up the jet boat. The lake is 2.5 hrs away, though, so the pool's a good thing. But, there's just no substitute for skiing (for me) or watching the kiddos on the tube/kneeboard/wakeboard.

We have the best of both worlds. We bought a boat in 2000 for my oldest (1989 wellcraft v20, he restored it and now its beautyful) and then thought why should he have all the fun. So I got a 2002 275 explorer aquasport, bought in 2003, for the rest of the family. We, just this summer, paid off the boat and put my self right back in debt on on pair of yamaha jetskis :roll:. Now we have the best of all worlds - if its too ruff to take the boat out we take the skis and do some wave hoppin. If we dont feel like going out and crushing our bones, we relax in the pool... LIFE IS GOOD!!!! Thankfully the marina is only 10 min from our house so its nothing to call them up and have them put it in the water and were ready to go.

Believe me, it was not an easy decision. We had a beautiflu 27' Cobalt. But after 4 years and only about 160 hours we made the sale. It was just in time too, with the drought here in Georgia the marina where we kept our boat is dry. Lake Lanier is down so far not many boats are getting used at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.