Green to Clean

Aug 22, 2007
Powhatan VA
I did NOT use it to clear my pool. 12% Bleach, 3 lbs of CYA, about 15 backwashes and elbow grease did the trick.
Nice work, Brian. You are a true BBB'r in that you used the knowledge you have gained and some testing and chlorine and will have a sparkling pool the rest of the summer.

What I am most impressed by is the fact that it only cost you $80!!! My pool is about the same size as yours, was not quite as green, and over the past week I have spent about $136. 2 25lb bags of DE. 15lbs of granular shock. 16 gallons of liquid shock.

Looks great!

That could be why Lisa. It sounds like you are buying pool store products instead of grocery store items. I will say that when I had to shock my pool hard, I did buy Cal Hypo from the pool store because it would have taken far too many bottles of Clorox to get my pool to shock level and hold it there, plus I was low on calcium hardness anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.