Think I added to much bleach!

Jun 20, 2009
Princeton, WV
I think I tested with the R003 reagent this am instead of the R0600. I have been shocking, and I use the drop test first to dry and save my other reagents. Shock level is 10 and I was at 10 about 930 pm last night. Checked it about 930 this am and got 1. So I added enough bleach to reach 10 and then realized I probably used the wrong reagent. I thought it was odd it was so low, but had other things on my mind. My cya was not registering on sunday and I haven't had a chance to add any since my mom has been in the hospital. I backwashed and am in the process of adding water.

Question #1 If damage is done, will it just bleach my liner or can it cause pump damage also?
Question #2 Any other suggestions?

I brushed the sides and bottom, as I have been working on clearing algae, my water is a light blue/grey.

Thank you!

Probably no harm done and there's not much to do about it by now, anyway. It won't harm your pump.

Go forward from here and test, dose, and measure accurately but you know that already.

I can tell you I have done worse and gotten away with it. (not even money will allow me to reveal the extent or frequency of my early errors.....well, how much money are we talkin' about? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Just retested and I'm at 12.5, so hopefully no damage. It will give me time to run to the hospital. OMG mrnick0483, now I don't feel so bad! The one good thing about this midlife brain I now have, is I get to blame everything on it. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.