Average run time Intex SWG

May 16, 2011
SE Louisiana
Trying to find out how long people are having to run an Intex SWG to maintain FC levels. My pool is 8400 gallons. I live in in SE Louisiana. Temps have been around 90+ degrees. Pools receives full sunlight for the majority of the day. I am currently running the SWG 7 hours a day. Still seem to be losing ~0.5 FC over a 24 hour period. I have been using small amounts of bleach every couple of days to compensate for the FC loss. I have the newer Intex SWG with copper adding. The copper adding cell is disconnected.

Latest test results:
PH- 7.5
FC- 3.0
CC- <0.5 sample only has faintest hint of pink after adding R0003
TA- 80
CYA- 60-65
Water temp 85°

Ditto...7 hours seems too long. We run ours 2-3 hours a day on a 13K gal pool (cya @60), but it is the older model w/o the copper feature and apparently produces more chlorine. I'm only guessing, but 3-4 hours should do it

Yesterday I used bleach to increase the FC to 5 before the SWG started for its 7 hour cycle. While the SWG was running I took a sample of the water coming from the the return by placing sample tube in front of return and FC measured 8. I tried to perform overnight FC loss test. Sample taken last night after dark indicated FC of 4. Sample this morning indicated FC of 3 ppm. I slept a little late and sun was already up somewhat. CC during each sample was less than 0.5 after adding R-0003 the sample only a hint of a pink tint. Water in pool is clear.

Am I going to have to shock the pool? The CYA/chlorine chart shows I will need a shock level between 24-28.

Just to add, the newer Intex SWG produces 12 grams/hr chlorine, the older model makes 24 grams/hr. I run mine for 6 hours/day, and I have a newer model with the copper ionizer removed. See my signature for pool size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.