hose connection leaks

May 31, 2011
Hi Folks,
I have an above ground 24' pool which this year needed to have the skimmer replaced due to winter damage. My challenge seems to be on the new connections from skimmer to filter and from filter back to pool. all "new" fittings I cannot get a leak free fit. I've tightened down the hose clamps , replaced the hose clamps, and finally replaced the hoses with the ones they sell at the local pool supply store. Can someone help me keep my sanity? The store sold me 1 1/2 hoses as they said that was what my new skimmer used.

What next?

If you can dry everything up really well you can put some silicone caulking around the fittings and then slip the hoses over it. The biggest drawbacks to that are it's hard if you ever have to remove them and you have to let them set for several hours in order to cure before putting them in use.

Thanks for the responses...I did try the the dual clamp system, but it didn't slow the leak. I finally drained the pool down below hose level brought the hoses into another pool supply store and the nice folks showed me the difference in run of the mill hoses and some better quality hoses from Hayward. Brought the replacement hoses home and Viola tight fitting and no leaks...the smart folks at the pool store even gave me the hoses for free with the intention that I would start frequenting their store for pool supplies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.