On the fence of a swg looking at a Goldine Aquatrol Salt Chl

Pool-creetin

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 22, 2010
Michigan
Looking at this model. Goldine Aquatrol Salt Chlorinator Above-Ground Pools up to 18k gal. 115v (AQ-TROL-RJ)
I want to add it inline of my system. I will hard pipe my pvc when my new heater arrives. Is this plug and play? No hidden you need a cell for this too?
Thanks much

Re: On the fence of a swg looking at a Goldine Aquatrol Salt

If you want to mount the cell in-line, get the AQ-Trol-HP. The RJ model is for mounting directly to the return fitting. Both of those include the control box and the cell and use standard plugs. There is a different version, append -TL, that works with twist lock plugs.

I bought the Aquatrol RJ, the return jet option. No surprises, no hidden options. It mounts vertically directly to the return jet & installs very easily. It doesn't have a flow switch, nor does it need one. I've had mine running for about a week & so far I really like it. Just wish I'd installed it years earlier. Check in the Lifetime supporters section. There's a supplier that will give you a discount. Look for the SWCG thread for the Aquatrol. Email them & they should get right back to you. Mine was $419 with free shipping.

We put in the IG version, bigger cell. Love it.

Thanks all, I ordered and read the ps about this. I don't see anywhere about copper. Do i have to remove all copper before running it? I plan on doing multiple small changes like say 1/8th at a time 3-4 times this summer then a 1/4 at pool closing and 1/4 to 1/3 at next years opening

Anybody know about the copper? I am still removing green,blue stuff from the water column. I flocced yesterday and vacced today, Will do this a couple more times and it should be gone by monday. Just have the copper to contend with. Done with changing about 8 inches of water and will do waterchanges bi weekly.
The SWCG will be here monday and i'll install it friday or saturday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.