Thanks TFP folks!

Jun 13, 2010
Just wanted to say thanks for your help last year! I managed to retain enough of your advice that when I put up the Blue Blob this year, I went from tap water to proper water chemistry and sparkling pool in 2 days!

Filled it, dowsed it heavily with bleach {knowing that the sunlight would eat it up}. Used the Pool Calculator to prescribe the CYA dose, put it in an old sock and hung it in front of the pump discharge, and continued bleaching strongly.

As the CYA granules mixed into the pool, the chlorine levels raised, and more normal doses were needed.

Ran a bottle of water to Leslie's for testing, plugged the numbers in the Pool Calculator for borax and baking soda, VIOLA!

Also, even though I'm a bleacher, I try to buy something when I go in for the free water testing; pool toy, noodle etc, keeps the employees happy and helpful, and lets face it, free testing isnt free!

I have a test kit, but it doent do CYA, so I used the free test after adding the CYA to verify. Might use them a few times over the season just to keep an eye on the CYA, and use the test kit {Leslies deluxe DPD} for day-to-day tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.