Suggested chemical levels

Keep going! Mine did that too! Keep brushing and keep at it. The milky water pic shows that you indeed were actively killing the algae. That is exactly what you want to see. Your CC level and the yellow cloud show it's not done yet though.

Day 5 of holding my shock level at 29 for possible Mustard Algae. The cloud is still present but not enough to photograph.
[attachment=0:259ygu7k]major improvemtn.JPG[/attachment:259ygu7k]

cc this morning 1.5

still shocking! Question for anyone out there: Algae is a living organism, is it possible there are strains building immunity to chlorine? Is that possible? Another question: my pool was built in 78, has some etching, is this contributing? Will I ever get rid of this stuff??????

Attachments

• major improvemtn.JPG
    major improvemtn.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 24
Mutant algae wouldn't surprise me. But I don't know.

Etching will contribute, as it makes tiny crevasses for the algae to hide in, and it's harder for you to brush off the protective biofilm if it's down inside. Algae are micro-organisms, so they can be growing at an alarming rate and still not be visible to the naked eye.

You might have a bunch of algae lurking behind the lights and so on, which will take a while to eliminate.

Ok, after reading another thread, on Black Algae, I now find out I have been using the wrong brush to clean my pool for 6 months!!!! One of the local pool stores told me to use a nylon brush as a metal brush would be to hard on a plaster pool! I can't tell you how PO I am right now. So.... I guess that could contribute to my algae issues. I will get a metal brush and clean my pool! Any suggestions on what I should be using for a plaster pool built in 78, with some etching??

swimmingfool said:
Ok, after reading another thread, on Black Algae, I now find out I have been using the wrong brush to clean my pool for 6 months!!!! One of the local pool stores told me to use a nylon brush as a metal brush would be to hard on a plaster pool! I can't tell you how PO I am right now. So.... I guess that could contribute to my algae issues. I will get a metal brush and clean my pool! Any suggestions on what I should be using for a plaster pool built in 78, with some etching??

I suggest the combo brush.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.