New gunnite pool Westchester, NY TF100 first tests- advice?

Jun 18, 2010
Memorial day and just got back from business travel- kids are dying to use pool for the first time (as promised)!

pH was more red than any of the shades on the cylinder- I figure it would have been about 8.5 or so if the shades went that high
Cl was totally clear, no shade match to any of the yellows
TC = .5
TA = 90
CH = 340
CYA dot never disappeared, water was clear even when adding solution right to the top of the test tube

Advise? I'm off to the pool calculator to find out what I can. Sig has pool specs
Thanks!
Ken

Re: New gunnite pool Westchester, NY TF100 first tests- advi

How new is the plaster? There are special procedures for taking care of plaster in the first three or four weeks. Take a look at the National Plasterers Council plaster startup card. You basically want to keep the pump running 24/7, put trichlor tablets in the skimmer, and keep the PH below 8.0.

If the pool is more than a month old, then the instructions are very different.

Re: New gunnite pool Westchester, NY TF100 first tests- advi

Thanks. Plaster is 3 weeks old. Pump has run full time for that time while we brush and PB allegedly watched the chemical levels.

I'm now on my own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.