Can't wait til this afternoon

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
The wife's family is coming over for a barbeque/ birthday party this afternoon. I can't wait to show off the pool. Well, not the pool so much, as the water!

I know my brother-in-law has been having trouble with his pool. Last year he drained it. Don't ask me why, but his water company wasn't imposing restrictions and tiered rates. Still, it had to cost a bunch, his pool is bigger than mine. So he refilled and that was about the last we heard. Until about 5 weeks ago, when my father-in-law was over. Almost the first thing he did was rush out the back door to look at my pool. "Oh! It looks very clear! Sergio's pool turned green."

We asked Sergio's wife if he had a mixer for when he tests his pool water. A speedstir seemed like the perfect gift for the man who has everything, including a green pool. Don't know what it is exactly, but she said, "Yes, he has a mixer thing that came with his test kit." Dang. Knowing him, it's probably a commercial centrifuge....

Fast forward to his birthday, just after we got back from England. I mentioned that my pool was just fine, then asked how his was, as I'd heard it was green. "It's all out of whack. I'm just going to drain it and start all over." Two drains in two years!!

It's going to be great when he sees my pool. My father-in-law, or perhaps even Sergio's wife, is bound to blurt something out. Maybe now he'll start listening to me, and stop listening to the gruff old man at the pool store "that's been there for, like, 40 years" that he frequents.

I know how you feel Richard. I babysat two kids for my husband's friend one day last summer. The little girl said, "Miss Samantha, your pool is soooo shiny and pretty, I wish ours looked like that!!!" When I asked them if they wanted to go swimming, the reply was "No ma'am. Our mom said we are not allowed to get in you guys pool because you pour bleach in it. We have to wait until we get home to go swimming."
(you have to love the innocent honesty of small children)

Their pool is almost always very cloudy, if not completely green. Their parents are highly educated people, but they do not understand how the BBB method could be safe or healthy. :hammer:

Richard320 said:
The wife's family is coming over for a barbeque/ birthday party this afternoon. I can't wait to show off the pool. Well, not the pool so much, as the water!

I know my brother-in-law has been having trouble with his pool. Last year he drained it. Don't ask me why, but his water company wasn't imposing restrictions and tiered rates. Still, it had to cost a bunch, his pool is bigger than mine. So he refilled and that was about the last we heard. Until about 5 weeks ago, when my father-in-law was over. Almost the first thing he did was rush out the back door to look at my pool. "Oh! It looks very clear! Sergio's pool turned green."

We asked Sergio's wife if he had a mixer for when he tests his pool water. A speedstir seemed like the perfect gift for the man who has everything, including a green pool. Don't know what it is exactly, but she said, "Yes, he has a mixer thing that came with his test kit." ****. Knowing him, it's probably a commercial centrifuge....

Fast forward to his birthday, just after we got back from England. I mentioned that my pool was just fine, then asked how his was, as I'd heard it was green. "It's all out of whack. I'm just going to drain it and start all over." Two drains in two years!!

It's going to be great when he sees my pool. My father-in-law, or perhaps even Sergio's wife, is bound to blurt something out. Maybe now he'll start listening to me, and stop listening to the gruff old man at the pool store "that's been there for, like, 40 years" that he frequents.

I would thoroughly enjoy an update on what happens. If you gain some ground, let us know. Very funny.

Samantha_in_AL said:
I know how you feel Richard. I babysat two kids for my husband's friend one day last summer. The little girl said, "Miss Samantha, your pool is soooo shiny and pretty, I wish ours looked like that!!!" When I asked them if they wanted to go swimming, the reply was "No ma'am. Our mom said we are not allowed to get in you guys pool because you pour bleach in it. We have to wait until we get home to go swimming."

Their pool is almost always very cloudy, if not completely green. Their parents are highly educated people, but they do not understand how the BBB method could be safe or healthy. :hammer:

Even funnier...I guess the parent don't have a chemistry background? :lol:

Poor Kids!

Samantha_in_AL said:

And yet, they probably put 'chlorine' in the their pool? Funny, some bottles of bleach I see at the store actually say 'chlorine bleach' on them....

Richard320 said:

We asked Sergio's wife if he had a mixer for when he tests his pool water. A speedstir seemed like the perfect gift for the man who has everything, including a green pool. Don't know what it is exactly, but she said, "Yes, he has a mixer thing that came with his test kit." ****. Knowing him, it's probably a commercial centrifuge....

Hmmm...one of you was adopted??? :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.