hlb96

May 23, 2011
Hammond, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am hoping you can help me out with selecting a pump and filter for my future ABG pool purchase. I am deciding between 2 pools:
1) 33' round 54 inches deep
2) 28' round 54 inches deep
Leaning towards the 28' for initial cost and ongoing cost and water.
May add a swg later.

Pump I have been looking at:
347991 Pentair OptiFlo 1HP Above Ground Pool Pump Dual Speed Motor - 115V - 3' Cord with Standard Plug
Will this work for either pool and are there any other pumps I should be looking at? My electrical cost is $.079 kwh. I am looking at what will cost me the least to operate taking into account the cost of the pump also . I can set it up to be above or below water line so inground pool pumps can also be considered. This seems like a low cost pump to run on low (if I am understanding that on low speed it uses 2.9amps).

Filters:
I have no trees on my 5.25 acres and the closest trees to me are probably 600 feet or more away in my neighbors yard( 1/2 dozen or so pine trees) and I live on a gravel road. The pool will be behind my house which will be from 250-300 feet from road.
I also have well water.
I am leaning more toward cartridge than sand (though this is not ruled out if you have any suggestions) and do not want the hassel of DE. Also what sizes should I be looking at.

This will be our first pool so I have no experience with any equipment. I just now that I want to use Pentair for my equipment.
Any other suggestions or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.