Pump timer - installation and purchasing

May 25, 2011
Bridgewater, NJ
Hi all. Had a quick question as far as pump timers, but first wanted to say thanks for the website and it really is a life saver.

I openned my pool (bought a house in March with an AG 27x4. It took me all of three weeks to get the water clean and its nearly perfect (tiny bit cloudy) and coming along. I have been running the filter almost 24x7 but wanted to tune that down significantly. Is installing a pump timer dificult? any suggestions on wehre to get one? I'm not an overly handy individual but can't imagine it being too dificult.

I just bought the Clorox Bleach, Borax, and Baking soda and as of two nights ago am starting the BBB method. This site is great and is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help in advance.

We use an Intermatic hard wire timer - the pump is wired directly into the timer, the timer is plugged in. We bought ours at Menards, but Lowes, Home Depot, pool stores, etc., all carry them.

AG pump timer - purchasing and installation

Hi all. Just had a quick question on purchasing and installing a pump timer. I moved into a home with an AG pool (27x4) and it took me all of three weeks to clean up (still a bit cloudy but almost there). I have been running the pump almost constantly and was hoping to install a pump timer. Does anyone know about the dificulty of that and where to purchase one?

Thanks and advance and I love this website. I wish I had found it three weeks earlier. I'm starting the BBB method as of two days ago and am eternally greatful for this website!

Unless you want it, or local code requires your pump to be hard wired or on a dedicated circuit back to the breaker box probably thorugh metal conduit, just plug in an intermatic mechanical timer where your pump is plugged in now.

Re: AG pump timer - purchasing and installation

If you have a pump that plugs into an outlet that is very easy. Just get a heavy duty outdoor rated timer that can plug into the outlet and then plug the pump into the timer. Intermatic makes several different suitable timers.

Looks like its off to Home Depot! I'll keep an eye out for Intermatic. The pump plugs into a plug that is right next to it and there's a switch above it that kills the power. I assume if I put the timer inbetween the pump and plug and keep the switch on, it'll work well.

Thanks all for the suggestions/info. You guys are saints!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.