Intex Easy Set on pavers

ak96ss

Jun 24, 2010
I've been lurking for a while, reading up on as much as I can, but I have a question before I actually put the pool up this year.

We are having a paver patio put into the back yard where the pool generally goes, so we can use the area closer to year-round rather than just in the summer.

I have an Intex Easy Set pool, 18' x 42", that will go up on the patio when complete. I know I'll have to put protection of some sort down over the pavers to keep the pool from getting too abraded, but I'm having problems figuring out what to use.

Gorilla Pad, Happy Bottom, foam sheets - what are your thoughts? I'm not terribly concerned with having a 'cushy' bottom on the pool.

We set up a "starter" intex frame pool on our paver patio last summer, mainly to see if I wanted to take the take the plunge and tear up the yard for a more permanent solution in the future (which is another story). Based on the great advice I got from lurking here, I did the following, and it worked great:

1. placed a big blue tarp directly onto the pavers;
2. then put pink foam insulation sheets from Menards (duct-taped together) on top of that;
3. then another ground cover on top of that;
4. then set the pool on that.

Contrary to what others here have advised, I put the metal supports of the frame pool directly onto the foam sheets without dinking around with extra support from the paver blocks set into the foam, and it worked just fine: the foam only compressed a little bit over the course of the summer.

The paver patio looks fine now; there was no permanent discoloration or anything and you can't tell there had been a pool there all last summer. I bet I could have even skipped the bottom tarp and been fine.

Hope this help! -MNmom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.