Time for a new pool....Few questions before I order

Jun 22, 2008
I've had an Intex frame set 18' x 48'' for the last 3 seasons and this year it's rusted too bad for me to consider it safe to be in. Looking to go with a 24' x 52' steel/hybrid pool. I haven't read much info here about an online retailer (poolsupplyworld.com). I am looking to get this package:

Sharkline Venture 24' x 52" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool
Sku#: PVEN2452RSRSRL2
$1,269.99
Above Ground Pool Liners
24' Round Unibead Caribbean Above Ground Pool Liner - Depth - 52" $292.99
Above Ground Pool Filters and Pumps
Pentair Clean & Clear 150 Sq Ft Cartridge Filter System with 1-1/2HP Dual Speed OptiFlo Above Ground Pool Pump $549.95
Above Ground Pool Liner Coving
24' Round Above Ground Pool Peel and Stick Liner Cove Protection Kit $70.99
Above Ground Pool Wall Foam
24' Round Above Ground Premium Pool Wall Foam Kit $74.95
Above Ground Pool Ladders & Entry Systems
Ocean Blue A-Frame Ladder $179.99
Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Baracuda Ranger Above Ground Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner $129.95
Subtotal:
$2,568.81

Local prices are $1K or more for a similar package. A few things that worried me is the Sharkline Venture pool. No where on Sharklines website is there a mention of this model. Is poolsupplyworld a reputable online retailer? Another filter option I was considering was the: Pentair Clean & Clear 150 Sq Ft Cartridge Filter System with 1-1/2HP Dual Speed OptiFlo Above Ground Pool Pump
Sku #: PNCC0150OF2160
$549.95
I like the idea of the dual speed pump but am not sure the 150sqft filter is large enough. Any thoughts? Thanks

I plan on ordering the Sharkline Matrix (probably the 28' x 54" after much debate) from poolsupplyworld as well. Their prices are so much lower than anyone else I could find on ABG pools. Let us know how it goes.

I went to Clearwater Pools locally also. Their pools are made by Wilbar same as Sharkline, just way more expensive for the same pool. I would get the 1hp 2 speed Optiflo ($226.99), I know its not packaged with a filter but it will cost less to operate. I would look at this pool instead :http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/pools/abovegroundpoolkit.htm?pid=84931 its $190 more but seems worth it to me.

Thanks for the response. The main reason for not getting the Matrix is because its 54''. I have a 6yo and 4yo. Seems to be almost the same but of course the top rails and uprights are a little larger. So you think I should go with the 150sqft cartridge filter but with the 1hp 2 speed pump? Or choosing no filter or pump and buying them separately? What about going with the sand filter (SD60 their largest) with the same 1hp 2 speed pump? I guess I could call and make these other choices not listed on the site for additional money. What about the pool cleaner. What kind of options were you planning on getting? You planning on BBB? I guess I'll be toting a lot more bleach giving I'm more than doubling the size of the pool.

You can find a Hayward Aqua Bug for half the cost or a pool rover type robot for another $100 or so. Also, this would be a good time to explore all ladder options. I know on our last pool when we did not have a deck, the A fram ladder was tough and wish we had spent a bit more on a step/ladder combo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.